Thursday, April 5, 2012

You need to do this

The following is an audio recording of a recent free sales seminar by business adviser Leon, titled “Scaring up Sales,” given recently to a handful of consumer goods salesmen attending the annual Ultimate Sellout trade show in Las Vegas.
Leon, giving his presentation in a powder blue suit and plaid tie, has authored the self-published “Leon sez” Fear Series including: “Scare and Win,” “Fear Is Your Friend,” “Effective Fear,” and “Fear = Money+Power.”

Leon: Tanks folks fah comin’ today, I know dere’s lot’s ta do while heeyuh in Vegas – eat, drink, gamble, and uh, udda tings. But I knows all dozen or sos a yous who wanna heyuh what I have ta say are foist-rate sales executives. Ya know how I knows? Ya lookin’ for dat edge dat most othas don’t have. Well, let me tell ya someting. You come to da right place.
I wanna share wit ya someting today dat just might help ya beat da competition and bring ya big results every time: Feeyuh.
Because I guaranthee dere is no mowa effective weapon in ya sales pitches. Ya may be familya wit it. But I bet ya never used it ta its full potential, shall we says. I’m gonna show ya how ta convut it inta mowa sales dollahs. Even political wins. I guaranthee it.
So lemme get down ta bidness. 
OK, I got some good news. And I got some bad news. Fust, da bad news. Of coewus, we all know what it’s like ta be scayud. Not so fun, am I right? But den dere’s da good news. And that, my friends, is dat scarin' ya audience is very effective. That’s because dere aint no greatah motivatah than feeyuh. Wuhks every thime. In fact, if you knows what ya doin,’ it’ll make ya rich beyond ya dreams!
See, it is a basic human trait ta wanna feel safe. And a major pawt of feelin' safe is makin' money, having powah an' indypendence. On da udda hand, da majah pawt of feelin' unsafe is da prospect of losin' tings we like: Such as money, physical safety, owa health, owa house, owa fambly. And it’s a proven fact dat if people tink dey might lose any of da above, but ah shown a way ta pay ta avoid dat, dey will do so. Gladly.
So if we wanna help sales along, it is very helpful ta us if we give da pitch thusly. You wanna give da general drift that if da poyson don’t buy dis product or dat suhvice, or candidate, dey ah at risk, shall we say. But den you make it puhfectly cleeyuh, in a nice way, dat if da poyson buys dis product, dat person will be absolutely safe.
So dis is all about yous explainin' the scary risks of not buyin' and the safety of buyin.' And if you convince, you have no shortage of buyas of ya goods an' suhvices. Get what I’m sayin’?
Now, dis ain’t anythin’ new unda da sun. It’s been goin' on since da dawn a man. It’s da aht of puhsuadin'. Ya know what I means. Gettin' people to pay yous many American dollahs.
I’ll give ya some examples.
I sold a lot of timeshaya vacations once at an intanational resaht dat shall remain nameless. I hiyud some tough guys ta man da exit dowas of da room. I made my pitch and tol' people dey needed ta buy a timeshaya or dey couldn't leave da room. At dat point I had da bounceas all slam da exit dowas shut at da same time. Da loud noise scayud evabody. I put it in theya minds dat if dey wanted to leave, dey'd have to buy vacation timeshayas from me. 
Guess what? Dey bought many timeshayas. It wasn’t like dey wouldn’ta bought ‘em anyways. I just helped 'em dacide a lil' fastah!

What about pitches fa udda suhvices?
OK, no problem.

Tiyas. Dat's easy. Message: Ya tiyas don’t have enough tread on them ta be safe. Buy new ones o' when da roads ah wet, ya cah hydraplanes outta control and ya crash an' die at woist. At best, ya sippin' soup da resta ya life. Bettah get new tiyas.

Health Insurance. Message: Buy all ya can. Uddawise, ya get sick and can’t woik, ya lose ya home, all ya money, den ya die.

Buhgla alahms. Message: Get one. Uddawise ya lose da contents of ya home, and maybe killed if ya run inta da buhgla. If ya injah him, he sues ya and ya lose ya house.

Political candidates: Message: Dis guy will make ya money, keep ya from losin' money, and he’s a nice guy. The udda guy takes ya money an' safety, he’s a sleazebag. Dis guy is ya guy. Vote fa him.

See folks, it's simple. It wuhks. I’d be happy to sign my books and DVDs available for puhchase over heeyuh on dis table. You might wanna consider buyin' dem. (Doors slam in background) That’s because da dowas is now locked. Did you heeyuh dem just get, uh, slammed shut? Okay, ya can’t leave da room til ya buy a' least one-a my DVDs o' books! So consida howz much freedoms ya lose if ya don’t. Now dat’s a scary thought!
Thanks yous, an' have a great time while heyuh at da show an' in Leon’s favorite city, where he knows lots of people. The one and only… Las Vegas!

Mark Eric Larson has written two books of essays, "The NERVE...of Some People's Kids," and "Don't Force it, Get a Bigger Hammer. To read, visit: 
http://www.scribd.com/Mark%20Eric%20Larson/shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment